Alexander College Logo

Student Records

The student record consists of all personal, contact, academic, financial, and any other recorded information, that is collected and stored by the College relating to a student. This includes the permanent record of grades (i.e. the transcript), academic standing, and any credentials issued (i.e. graduation).

Student records at Alexander College are managed by the Office of the Registrar in accordance with the Personal Information Privacy Act.

      • Personal Information Privacy
        The College collects and records personal information as needed for the proper administration of the College and its programs, or as required by the government, in accordance with B.C.’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The College uses personal information only the purpose for which it was obtained or compiled, or for a consistent purpose, where the individual has identified that information and consented to its use.
        • MyAC Student Portal
          Alexander College’s MyAC Student Portal provides students with access to their students records, including their personal and contact information, current courses, attendance, course registration, billing history, grades, and appointment booking. To learn about the features of the MyAC Student Portal, watch our tutorial video, here:
          • My Student File Documents
            Academic Documents
            Students are responsible for submitting original academic documents (e.g. transcripts, language test scores, etc.) with their application for admission, or at a later date. Students may present official documents in person, or arrange to have their official documents sent directly to the College by their previous institution(s).Original academic documentation that is not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation bearing the declaration or stamp of a registered/licensed English translator.
            Retention of Documents
            Documents submitted in support of applications become the property of the College and will not be returned to the student.International documentation, as deemed irreplaceable by the Office of the Registrar, may be returned to a student on submission of a “Return of Irreplaceable Documentation” request form.Student records inactive for 3 years are digitally archived and all physical file documents destroyed.Application with Unofficial Documentation
            Alexander College is committed to providing students with an opportunity to be successful in their academic studies. Full academic disclosure is a requirement of admission and it is the responsibility of the student to provide a complete and official record of their educational history.Alexander College allows for the Admissions process to be completed based on unofficial or photocopied academic documentation (e.g. transcripts, test results, etc.). Applications are not considered complete, however, until all official copies of necessary supporting documentation have been provided. All students submitting unofficial documentation on application are required to sign and submit the Admission with Unofficial Documentation form.Students who may require Official letters or transcripts from the College early in their studies are recommended to submit official documents with their application in order to avoid potential delay.
            • Final Grades
              Final grades are submitted by instructors following final examinations at the end of each term. The instructor is responsible for submitting the final grades for their class(es) via MyAC within a specified number of days after the final examination.
              Once an instructor has submitted final grades for their class, the grades are reviewed by the Registrar for any formatting or other errors, and then released to students. Students can then view their final grade(s) via the “My Grades” page of the MyAC Student Portal.
              • Ordering a Transcript (or other Document)
                To order your official transcript, go to the “My Documents” page of your MyAC student portal. From this page, you can request a transcript and enter mailing or pick up options. To learn more, watch our tutorial video on Order your Transcript, here:
                • Consent to Disclose Information

                  In accordance with Canadian Privacy laws, the College does not release student information to anyone other than the enrolled student without the student’s signed consent. Staff of the College are prohibited from sharing student information to the extent that they may not acknowledge whether an individual is enrolled at the College, or provide any information whatsoever, without the written consent of the student.

                  A student can give their consent to release information to another person or organization in one of two ways:

                  1. Consent to Release information

                  A student who wants to give access to their school records to another person or organization will need to complete and submit the Consent to Release Information form to the  Office of the Registrar. The form can be picked up in person at the Office of the Registrar, or downloaded from our website, here.

                  Once written consent is submitted, the name(s) of the person(s) or organization(s) is recorded in the student file record. Consent is considered valid indefinitely, unless revoked by the student.

                  2. Consent for Third-Party Pickup

                  A student who wants to give permission for another person to pick up their transcript order or other document(s) will need to complete and submit the Consent for Third-Party Pickup form. The form can be picked up in person at the Office of the Registrar, or downloaded from our website, here.

                  Consent for third-party pickup is valid only for the specified date and item.

                • Graduation
                • Academic Standing
                  Academic standing is recalculated four times per year, following the release of final grades at the end of each term.

                  Provisional Admission

                  Applicants to the College who provide academic transcripts indicating poor academic performance, according to the College’s 1.50 minimum academic standard, will be admitted on Provisional Admission. These students are admissible to the College on Academic Probation, and are subject to the conditions and restrictions of Academic Probation (see below).

                  Good Academic Standing

                  A student is considered to be in good academic standing when their term GPA is above or equal to a minimum of 1.50 and they are not under Academic Warning, Probation, or Suspension.

                  Academic Warning

                  A student is considered to be on Academic Warning if their term GPA is below a minimum of 1.50 with fewer than 15 credits attempted.

                  Academic Probation

                  Academic Probation is a caution to students indicating that their continuation at the College is in jeopardy.

                  Students are placed on Academic Probation for three principal reasons:

                  • Students’ term GPA must not drop below 1.50.
                  • Academic Misconduct. Students must avoid academic misconduct such as cheating or plagiarism.
                  • Provisional Admission. Students who are admitted under our Provisional Admission policy start their studies on Academic Probation.

                  Students are not subject to probation until they have attempted at least 15 credits of academic coursework. Where a course has been repeated, the higher grade is used.

                  Academic Probation is lifted and the student is returned to good academic standing when the student has successfully completed the subsequent term with a term GPA of at least 1.50.

                  A student on probation may not attempt more than 10 credits in a single term

                  Academic Suspension

                  A student who meets the requirements for Academic Probation who is already on Academic Probation is normally suspended.

                  Students on Academic Suspension may be reinstated in good academic standing in one of two ways:

                  1. Successful completion of UPRE 099 – University Preparation
                    • Students who only take and pass UPRE are readmitted in good academic standing.
                    • Students who fail UPRE continue on Academic Suspension.
                  2. Successful completion, with a minimum term GPA of 1.50 or higher, of 9 or more credits of transferrable coursework taken at another BCCAT member institution within a single academic term. This term of studies must be a term subsequent to the last term of study taken at Alexander College. Students presenting such records will be reinstated in good academic standing.

                  Performance Following Reinstatement

                  Students who are reinstated to the College are readmitted in good academic standing. If the term GPA in the subsequent term is below 1.50, the student will be placed on Academic probation for the following semester without the accumulation of 15 academic credits.

Frequently Asked Questions

How to Contact the Office of the Registrar

Drop in During Office Hours

Location Address Hours
Burnaby Campus Room number(s) 202-208 Monday to Friday 9:00am-4:00pm

By Mail & Phone

Location Address Phone
Burnaby Campus 4805 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4T6 (604)435-5815

By Email

Admissions Unit Registration Unit Student Records Unit
General mailbox:
admissions@alexandercollege.caPlacement testing services:
General mailbox:
General mailbox:
Transfer Credit Unit Registrar
General mailbox:
General mailbox: